Monday, August 4, 2008

I sang in church this Sunday. Not for the first time but it was really the first time that I actually sang a full song all the way through. I sang "Whatever Your Doing," by Sanctus Real. Kim sang backup vocal with me while REMIX band provided the music with special guest Robert Petko on the keys. See, I have needed a good acoustic for a long time so the church bought a great Taylor DN3 guitar. This guitar sounded so good I was almost overwhelmed by the tone and the "colors" of sound that came from this guitar.

Well, the guitar came to my office Friday so that left me no time to practice with the band. So, Saturday night Kim and I practiced for a few minutes just to see if I could even sing it. It was a leap of faith to even try this song but the song meant so much to me that I had to give it a try. The guys played the song with only about five minutes of practice and we just rocked out for Jesus. I gave it everything I had and I hope a few folks were blessed by the song.

The past few weeks we have been doing the worship music for some other churches. First, Gamari Baptist and then New Life Church of God. Then we played at "The Way." The Way is probably one of the coolest churches I have ever stepped foot in. They are located in the old Hwy 1-82 cemima. I jokingly said as we walked in, "wonder if they serve popcorn." They not only had popcorn but hotdogs and fountain drinks. The only downside to the service was the opening countdown video of a rollercoaster ride on the huge movie screen. I felt myself getting a little sick and had to leave to get some fresh air.

Once the service started we sang our hearts out and worshiped our savior with our music for about thirty minutes. The crowd was great and I could hear them singing the songs along with us with great enthusiasm. There was a poweful message and altar call that followed. There was a true love and christlike spirit of unity that we shared with the folks at The Way that just lets me know that great things are happening in the body of Christ in the Mississippi Delta.

No comments: