Monday, August 11, 2008

Honesty, Is it Honestly Possible?

Is real honesty possible? Do we get so caught up in what we want to believe about others that all we care is our own perception? Would it hurt us so bad to look at others as they really are and not what we want out of them? Can we not just for once look past their human faults and love then as Christ loves? Better yet, why can't those who have loved me for years not rejoice when God does great things in my life just because these things don't fit their religious template?

In the last few months I have been convinced that many that I thought I could depend on really didn't love and respect the real me. They only loved who they thought I was. Once I started to change, and yes it has been the greatest change of my life, I found out that they could not handle the new me. I am not even sure what it is that they want. Truly if I knew how to please them I probably would try.

I guess I made the mistake of expecting that they would actually care about about my journey and want to share in that journey. I believe that God puts people in our life for a season and purpose and when that time ends it is painful but for the best.

To all those folks out there who are my true friend, and you know who you are, thank you. You accepted me for who I was and who I am now. You were there during the greatest transformation of my life and I have no doubt that I can trust and be honesty with you all.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I guess some lessons are only learned through experience...tough expereinces. But you're right, We learn who our real friends are and despite the hurt, there is a huge warmth knowing there are people out there to depend on.

You're transformation has been such a huge encouragment for me. I count myself blessed to be among you and your wife and family!

Love you for you!