Monday, July 21, 2008

Week of unity with Gamari Baptist and New Life Church of God

Last week some of our youth, Jason, and the Remix band (me, josh, austin, and kim) joined up with around five other churches to gather together and worship our Saviour over at Gamari Baptist. We were invited to do the worship music and for thirty minutes we just rocked out for Jesus. Kim sang most of the songs but I did sing a couple of my favorites, You Are My Joy (David Crowder) and Jesus, I Surrender (Jeff Deyo)

I expected a few people to be there but I was not expecting a church packed to capacity. What an amazing feeling of unity that I felt. Brotherly love, true Christlike love was evident in the worship that ushered in the presence of God. Youth pastor John Gentry spoke for a few minutes about how, WE are the church and that even though we might all go to different places on Sunday that we were truly the body of Christ. He ended with a challenge that if we are to change the delta then we must spend time in prayer and come together with a vision of unity and become passionate about our relationship with God.

Then Friday night we headed over to New Life Church of God. We played a couple of songs and then just sat back and enjoyed God's presence while the other groups led in worship. It was so nice to actually have a chance to worship. New Life has a great sound system and did some cool powerpoint videos.

We met some great people and hopefully some new friends. I can't wait to fellowship like this again.

No comments: