Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Morning At "The Way"

Yesterday, before our church service at Grace Apostolic Fellowship, we went to another local church called "The Way". The REMIX band had been honored with an invite to do the worship music for a special youth oriented service. I think this was our first time playing out at another church. We thought we were going to be able to play at REMIX Wednesday night but because of a conflict we didn't have our normal area. So we had only about fifteen minutes of practice in the main sanctuary. We weren't as tight as we have been in the past and my vocals sucked (Kim did awesome for 30 minutes of straight singing!) but then such a sweet anointed presence of God filled the place and we just ROCKED OUT for Jesus. I am so proud of Josh, Austin, Kim, and Jason P., who was there to show support and to introduce us to "The Way."

One of the youth pastor's, Jessica, preached a convicting message inspired by a Paul Washer sermon which deals with real Christianity and how real salvation or conversion produces real change in a converts life. No she wasn't talking about being saved by works but that faith in God always produces works in a Christians life. I have to admit that there were areas in which I felt convicted and had to come before God in my own repentance. During the altar call I wept as I remembered how God reached out and miraculously healed so many areas in my life just a few short months ago. Just the fact that I can weep and feel love towards others is a huge step in my life. I wept because he forgives each time I come up short in my walk and with his word, through friends, or mentors in my life guides me back on the correct path.

The service at "The Way" helped to remind me of where God has brought me from in just a few short years. Most of my personal growth has come in the last year as my pastor and fellow youth leaders have pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped to break my little shell that I had lived in for so many years.

Here are some excerpts from the Paul Washer sermon that Jessica preached from.

No comments: