Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Won't Forget the Journey

Below is the last post of my old blog. After struggeling for years to try to get back to a place with God that I knew in my heart existed, I finally found a little of what I was looking for. After going back and reading my blog again I am so glad I took a little time to write so that I never forget the struggle and those dark days that God led me through.

Posted on July 9, 2007:
Wow has my life changed since my last post! I finally received the renewal of the Holy Ghost that I have wanted for so long. I finally got past the fear that has had me bound and imprisoned for over ten years. I was at my lowest point spiritually. There was nothing else I could do but take a giant leap (for me anyway) on faith. Words cannot explain the feeling that I felt when I was once again united with the God who created me! Emotions that I was not expecting flooded my soul, namely LOVE. I felt such a love for my fellow brothers and sisters in the faith. I don't ever recall being aware that such love ever existed or could be felt toward other Christians. See, I was not expecting this overwhelming flood of love to spring forth in my soul. It came as such a suprise to me. After I opened my eyes and looked around I saw so many who had prayed with me and had basically walked with me while Christ took the burden from my shoulders. I am forever thankful for my Pastor and I will NEVER forget all those, who for a few minutes at an altar walked with me past the gates of my darkest struggle and saw me into the light of God's everlasting grace and love!

No comments: