Sunday, November 18, 2007

Come As You Are

Tonight, as I remembered one of my favorite songs of my youth. I was reminded of the deep depression that I suffered during that time. Most of it brought about because I constantly tried to be accepted by a group of people that wouldn't accept me for who I was no matter how hard I tried, how much I tried to win their acceptance, and no matter how much I changed myself to fit their view of what I was supposed to be.

Come, as you are
as you were, as I want you to be
as a friend,
as an old enemy
take your time, hurry up
the choice is yours
don't be late
take a rest, as a friend
as an old memoria

Come, dowsed in mud
soaked in bleach, as I want you to be
as a trend, as a friend
as an old memoria

and I swear
that I don't have a gun
no I don't have a gun
no I don't have a gun

Once again I am committed to being myself and will not allow myself to be pressured by those who could care less about my life. Come as you are? Not really, because no one wants you as you are, they only want what they can get from you.

No comments: